- Afterpay available
- Click & Collect
Winter Food Inspo - Middle East Lentil Soup
Growing up Middle Eastern, Lentil Soup is one of those food staples that ticks many boxes - a hearty dish that is full of flavors, super easy to make, and nutritious.
Known in the Middle East as Chorbat el Ads, this is a 'cooks-itself', hearty, delicious soup.
It is made with only 4 simple ingredients you already have in your pantry.
This recipe serves 4 – 6
- 2.5 cups red lentil
- 2 medium onion, cubed
- 1 small sized carrot, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. fine black pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt (or more)
- ½ tsp 7 spice (if you have it handy)
- 2.5–3 liters of water
- 1 tbsps. fresh chopped parsley
- Fried Pita Bread sprinkled on top (optional)
- Caramelized onions (very finely chopped), Optional
Sahtain! (To your health!)